- Vulcan Forged sport studio closes $8 million Series A spherical led by Skybridge Capital
- Bored Ape Yacht Club and Azuki NFTs have had the highest NFT sales throughout the final seven days
NFTs for healthcare
NFTs are tackling the UN’s sustainable improvement targets.
The Women in Innovation Fund (WiN Fund) is utilizing the proceeds from NFTs gross sales to spend money on women-led healthcare startups in Africa, addressing the UN’s third such objective — good well being and well-being.
NFTs for good causes is a rising concept, and the benefits of blockchain for healthcare and democracy are being explored in international locations with unstable management.
Women are extra attuned to the healthcare needs of their neighborhood, based on Corinne Momal-Vanian, the executive director of the Kofi Annan Foundation. “Women entrepreneurs – from what we’ve seen in Africa — can drive innovation, can drive effectivity and can really have a spot in the healthcare ecosystem that governments can not fill,” she said at a UN-adjacent roundtable dialogue in New York this week.
Representatives from the World Health Organization and the World Economic Forum also participated.
WiN Fund’s co-founder Pradeep Kakkattil, reminded the audience of an “unacceptable” statistic: Only 2% of venture capital investments globally go to women-led enterprises, even though women-led businesses ship 35% higher returns and create 6 occasions more jobs.
Coinbase companions with ENS
Coinbase has teamed up with the Ethereum Naming Service (ENS) to create its own Web3 usernames.
Built on top of ENS infrastructure, Coinbase usernames are ENS subdomains that comprise a ‘.cb.id’ on the finish, quite than ‘.eth.’
Users can then substitute their 42-character address with a personalised wallet tackle.
Users who already own an .eth domain now have the choice to switch the possession of the ENS identify to a Coinbase Wallet and select between a Coinbase username or an current ENS username as the primary username for that pockets.
A .cb.id username is not tied to Ethereum and can be used on a quantity of networks to send and obtain crypto.
Simplified wallet addresses have lately surged in popularity throughout the last few months of the bear market. Since July, ENS registrations have elevated by 200%, and the whole volume of NFT gross sales has increased by 80% prior to now three months, as per NFTGo data.
Latest NFT loyalty program: Scotch & Soda
Amsterdam-based way of life brand Scotch & Soda is upping its consumer loyalty program by launching NFT-based membership for Club Soda 3.0.
Holders are granted unique entry to merchandise and events, as nicely as the power to co-create clothing with Scotch & Soda partners.
Each NFT acts as a membership card to what’s known as the “Free Spirit” neighborhood of Scotch & Soda lovers.
Cloud software program company Salesforce selected Scotch & Soda to debut its pilot NFT Cloud service to help companies make and manage NFTs.
NFTs again in Minecraft?
Minecraft developer Mojang just lately banned NFT support inside Minecraft client and server applications, however MyMetaverse has found a way around the new restriction.
The metaverse firm re-implemented playable NFTs not solely on Minecraft sport servers, but in addition on modified versions of Grand Theft Auto (GTA).
Using NFTs operating on Efinity, a Polkadot parachain developed by gaming platform Enjin, MyMetaverse works with builders who build third-party servers atop of Minecraft and GTA 5 core games.
Simon Kertonegoro, CEO of MyMetaverse, advised Blockworks it actually works similar to how WordPress allows individuals to make use of their technology to create customized web sites. “These servers are self-hosted, modified instances of the game, working independently of Mojang or Rockstar,” Kertonegoro said.
Thus, Mojang and GTA parent-company Rockstar don’t have any official affiliation with the NFTs.
“The modified variations permit the game to connect with crypto wallets and recognize NFTs in the sport, which the consumer can then use as in-game objects,” he added.
GameFi by the numbers
- Blockchain gaming studio Vulcan Forged secured $8 million in a Series A funding round led by the investment agency SkyBridge Capital, based by former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci. The round contains the choice to speculate an additional $33 million. Funding will go towards accelerating the growth of “Metascapes,” a play-to-earn function that enables Vulcan users to construct their very own land in the metaverse. Vulcan Forged has about energetic 200,000 customers across 15 games and decentralized functions (dapps).
- Blockchain recreation Splinterlands sold out its newest card pack edition, Riftwatchers, in less than 2 minutes, pocketing $5.2 million on the sale of 500,000 packs. Within hours, members of the group had additionally purchased 30,000 earlier card packs, based on the corporate. 25 million SPS — Splinterlands’ native token — was either instantly burned or despatched to the SPS Foundation DAO.
- Immortal Game, the company taking the game of chess into Web3, has closed $15.5 million throughout two rounds, including a $12 million funding in July. TCG Crypto led the Series A round — backers Cassius, Greenfield One, Sparkle Ventures, Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s 35V, Blockwall, Kraken Ventures and Spice Capital also participated. It plans to make use of the funding to construct out its platform, which is at present in beta kind for customers who wish to opt in to the game’s play-and-earn system.
Get the day’s top crypto news and insights delivered to your inbox each evening. Subscribe to Blockworks’ free newsletter now.